This is a timeline of lesbian, gay, bisexual, and transgender (LGBT) related history, starting from around the 10th millennium BC to present day.Contains dates many homophobic laws were made/repealed in various countries.
From Key Stage 4 for students to navigate. Bits can be selected for use at lower key stages. Some use for all teachers.
For a detailed analysis of this site, its functionality and usefulness please see our grading table with notes below.
- Provides dates and brief descriptions. Further research would be needed
- It’s self-explanatory
- Language quite complicated. Uses terms apposite to the period e.g. pederasty
- Links relate to individual words or phrases – not to LGBT history. One of the first links is to dildos, taking the researcher to places unsuitable for young people.
- Very good as a timeline. Particularly good for charting linguistic and cultural changes and the effect of the church on LGBT rights. Focuses mainly on Christian church.
- Not much T. Mostly about men
- Links highlighted in blue
- History, geography, English, RE