The purpose of this site is to inform, give legal guidance and support teaching staff and children within schools. There is a wealth of useful information to be used and useful links to many organisations. This is also one of the few sites that has a comprehensive coverage of Trans, as well as LGB.
|Web Address: www.schools-out.org.uk
|Not at all
|Use of Site
|No expertise in LGB T issues needed
|Other equalities strands
|User friendly/easy to navigate
|Accessible at any level
|Useful links to other sites
|Education Materials Provides Student Tool Pack (very comprehensive) Teaching Pack See separate audit sheets for details.
|Materials easy to use
|Follow up opportunities
|Clear time frames
- None needed. News feeds are clear, documents are generally comprehensive and user friendly
- This is one of the few web sites that sets out to and quite clearly covers LGB and T strands.
- There are clear links and discussion forums for Disability, Age. Religion, Race and Ethnicity.
- The Policy and Law Section is up to date, 2010 Equalities Act. The Research section offers a range of quality National and International research to read through.
- Clearly set out with a large, easily recognisable navigation tools. Pages are not too cluttered.
- Links section is very comprehensive and well organised.
- See: Student Tool Kit
- See: Teaching Pack.
- For additional information see specific audit sheets.