This a journalistic media site, that presents a mixture of LGBT friendly news, articles, opinions and discussion forums. Content would allow for supervised access at KS3 and 4. Some content is of a sexual nature and would need to be careful considered before any use.
For a detailed analysis of this site, its functionality and usefulness please see our grading table with notes below.
|Web Address: www.lgf.org.uk||Absolutely true||Almost true||Somewhat true||Not really||Not at all|
|Use of Site|
|No expertise in LGB T issues needed||√1|
|Other equalities strands||√|
|User friendly/easy to navigate||√6|
|Accessible at any level||√|
|Useful links to other sites||√7|
|Materials easy to use|
|Follow up opportunities|
|Clear time frames|
- None needed as the journalistic style is self explanatory.
- Good coverage of L G and B. T threads are harder to find.
- This website is a dynamic one that is constantly being updated
- News feed are clear and appear authoritative. Opinion and article section must be considered on their own merit. Good sections on Wellbeing, Bullying and HIV information.
- An informative site that is easy to navigate. Good use of bright and positive LGBT images.
- Large clear tabs, makes this simple and straightforward to navigate.
- Not a single links listing, you need to look, section by section.