An article that provides information and tips, using case studies and quotes on how to create a Gay/Straight Alliance at your school. Not much mention of LB or T though we assume they are included Lesbians, Bis and Trans. American site.
“No other extracurricular activity has sparked the controversy and legal challenges that the formation of Gay-Straight Alliance clubs has. What upsets communities so? Why are students, their supporters, and those who oppose them willing to take this issue to court? Education World examined the issues with club advisers, opponents, and experts. Included: Tips for promoting tolerance in schools.”
- A STORM OF CONTROVERSY
- CONSTITUTIONAL PROTECTIONS
- ARE GSAs REALLY NECESSARY?
- GAY-STRAIGHT ALLIANCE ACTIVITIES
- Ten Things Educators Can Do…To Ensure That Their Classrooms Are Safe Spaces For ALL Students Ten actions school administrators can take, including looking at the curriculum and training staff.
- Gay/Straight Clubs Formed by Public School Students: Why School Officials Need to Treat Them Equally Lawyers at the American Civil Liberties Union Lesbian and Gay Rights Project, Lambda Legal Defense and Education Fund, and the National Center for Lesbian Rights developed this document along with other concerned citizens fighting bans on gay-straight alliances in Utah and in Glendale, California.
Related Articles from Education World